Type 8 - 'Challenger'
Enneagram Type 8s are the most confident, straightforward, and in control out of all nine types. They have the strongest response to anger levied against them and tend to take charge when they feel like someone is trying to control them or cause harm to those they care about. You may sometimes hear type eights referred to as Challengers due their aggressive nature, but this proclivity also lends itself well to taking on positions of authority.
Key Personality Traits of an Enneagram Type 8
- Type Eights can be quick to express anger, but just as quick to forgive.
- To Type Eights, honesty is always the best policy.
- Type Eights see themselves as protectors of innocence.
- Those with a Type Eight personality like when people show strength.
- Type Eights tend to be impatient with weakness, both in themselves and others.